About Teacher Peter
Facts About Mr. Peter:
- In Japan I was called “Avirom Sensei” or “Peter Sensei”. In Taiwan I was called “Teacher Peter”.
- My other aliases include: “Mr. Peter”, “Avirom San”, and “An Lao Shi” and “Hustle Jones.”
- I was an English teacher in Taiwan from 2010-2012. That is when I started this website. So you will see many comments and materials that I created during that time.
- I also was an English teacher in Japan from 1997 – 1999.
- Languages I speak: I now speak English, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese (and I know a few prayer words in Hebrew)
- I grew up in New York City:
- When I was your age:
- I loved to read comic books,write stories, and play basketball.
- I had lots of toys, and I wanted to be Batman when I grew up.
- Below is my Bar Mitzvah picture from when I was 13. (That’s a coming of age ceremony for Jews when a boy becomes an adult. For girls it’s called a Bat Mitzvah.) Can you guess which one is me? Clue: I used to have top hair. Now, I look a lot more like my dad. In the picture is my mom, dad, sister, and both of my grandmothers.
Not much has changed.
To read more about me and ask me questions, click on “autobiography”